Labels

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Review of I Adored a Lord by Katharine Ashe

   
Review of I Adored a Lord by Katharine Ashe
 
    Book description from amazon.com
    Publication Date: July 29, 2014
Three very different sisters beguile society with their beauty and charm, but only one of them must fulfill a prophecy: marry a prince. Who is the mystery Prince Charming, and which sister will be his bride?
All that clever, passionate Ravenna Caulfield wants is to stay far away from high society's mean girls.
All that handsome, heroic Lord Vitor Courtenay wants is to dash from dangerous adventure to adventure.
Now, snowbound in a castle with a bevy of the ton's scheming maidens all competing for a prince's hand in marriage, Ravenna's worst nightmare has come true.
Now, playing babysitter to his spoiled prince of a half-brother and potential brides, Vitor is champing at the bit to be gone.
When a stolen kiss in a stable leads to a corpse in a suit of armor, a canine kidnapping, and any number of scandalous liaisons, Ravenna and Vitor find themselves wrapped in a mystery they're perfectly paired to solve. But as for the mysteries of love and sex, Vitor's not about to let Ravenna escape until he's gotten what he desires . . .
 
 
Leona's Review:
I Adored a Lord is the first book I have read by Katharine Ashe  and I did like it.
I do not remember reading a mystery book that is based around a historical romance which has a murder to be solved in this time era. I liked the character of Ravenna Caulfield and her role. The main male character, Lord Vitor Courtenay, helps her solve the murder. It is a book that had me really wondering "whodunit". There are plenty of characters and so I do appreciate the list of "suspects" at the beginning of the book.
I could have done without the one sex scene in the book, I felt it was a little overdone.
I liked the description of the homes, clothing, food and countryside.
Both of the main characters have a family history and this helps to know them and why they have certain feelings.
The author's notes has some history and also remarks on what she has added with her own imagination.
The animals were a great part of the book and especially the puppy Ravenna gives to Vitor. Ravenna has a special talent with medicine for animals and humans.
I give this a 4 star because I did like the theme of the book. I kept thinking of sleuths in previous books I have read and TV movies that investigated somewhat like Ravenna. 
This is the second of the series but can be read without reading the first of the series, The Prince Catchers. The first book is I Married the Duke, then I Adored a Lord and in the winter of 2015 will be I Loved a Rogue. I will read the others.
Katharine Ashe may be reached at www.KatharineAshe.com.
Leona Olson

No comments: