Labels

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

A Hidden Witch by Debora Geary

A Hidden Witch by Debora Geary

Another good feel book by this author all about witches.

There are many characters in this book and I guess the reader could pick one or two as their favorite. I think Uncle Marcus stood out for me, a grouchy and hard to change witch who could be stubborn but also was, what I call, a teddy bear. Eloise is the Hidden Witch when she finds she is really a witch with powers and can do things. All children in a family do not possess the power so it was thought she did not have the power but she is still part of the family. Eloise made jewelry from sea-glass and this was her talent.

Nova Scotia is the main setting for this book and the author does a good job of descriptions. I will be going to Maine this fall and will have the find a lobster bake after the fun descriptions of the Fisher's Cove Lobster Bake.

The book has many family members and activities. One of the activities are eating, especially chocolate like chocolate cake and chocolate chip cookies Tea is also popular as blueberries and the experiences with them.

The family members all seem to have a special powers like water, air or fire among some. There was a lot of time spent on net power and I must say, I had trouble keeping up with it. The ages are from a young Aeryyn at the age of four and Gran, Moira, on her seventies. One character becomes pregnant ( I will let you find that later in the book) and her husband refers to the baby as a Seeding who needs roots. I liked that and it stood out for me.

Moira, is Gran and one time says " I am not an invalid" which reminded me of my own mother who had problems walking and always said this.

Eloise is teaching the children and said a rule for all witches is "Do no harm".

There were a number of rhymes which added to the book. Time spent on the computer and "talking" also added to the personal touch.


No comments: