Labels

Monday, March 11, 2013

Book Review of My Familiar Stranger by Victoria Danann

My Familiar Stranger:romanc...
 
My Familiar Stranger by Victoria Danann
My Familiar Stranger is the first book in The Order of the Black Swan series by Victoria Danann. The book begins with Elora Laiken witnessing the death of her family and she is saved from death by Catalonius Monq, the tutor to the royal children. She is given a locket and Mong told she will find someone "very like me" and to give him the locket to retrieve the data within. He sent her through a portal into a "strangish" land with the words "Be Happy".
Members of the B Team of The Order of the Black Swan are in a room known as the Chamber when there is a force of wind and a flash of light and something falls to the stone floor. Sol says don't touch it but Storm was concerned that someone or something was injured. Elora was taken to the infirmary.
While Elora is recovering she becomes close to Storm and Ram.
The book continues with relationships, vampires, friendship, elves and more. There is a lot happening and I thought relationships were the main theme of this book.
I liked H.E.B. grocery store in the book. I shopped there when I lived in Texas.
Sex scenes and the f work used a number of times.

Some Characters are:

Elora Laiwynn Laiken- from a royal family; from the Clan of Laiwynn
Sovereign Sol Nemaiah- the supervisor of the B Team of The Order of the Black Swan
Rammell Hawking. Irish and an Elf. One of the B Team
Engel Storm- One of the B Team
Kay- from Texas. Name is really Chaos Caelian- One of the B Team
Catalonius Monq- tutor to the royal children
Catalonius C. Monq- current Monq at the Black Order. part chemist, part inventor, part magician


I am giving it a 4 star. I liked the book and look forward to reading the other books in the series.

Victoria Danann can be found on her website at www.VictoriaDanann.com


I downloaded this e-book. The opinions are my own.
Leona Olson

No comments: